Tuesday, August 31

Hello Friends! It's Tuesday and that means that it's time to join a couple blog hops.  And since I've been making so many new friends lately, I decided that I would share some fun Roy facts will you. (You lucky people, you!)

 We'll do the momma first:

1) I attended an extremely ghetto fabulous junior high and high school in Rhode Island.  I later found references to my school in sociological books in a college class. (and they were not positive references!)
     You know your school is ghetto when high school orientation contained the words ("some of you will not make it out of here alive", and they had statistics to back it up!)

2)  I enjoy watching Start Trek (I am not a trekkie, I do not go to conventions, own any costumes or speak Klingon)  I do however think that Picard is waaaaay sexier than Kurt.



3)  I am afraid of the phone. No joke.  I am one of those people who should never have been given a cell-phone.  I didn't even want one.  I was given one as a gift when I was 16 and I have spent the rest of my life hiding from it. When it rings, I eye it suspiciously like the person on the other end might eat my soul.  I am equally bad at returning phone calls.  If I call you back, you know that I love you.  Or I need your services (like the electric meter man)  

4) At 24 years old, I still do not possess a drivers license.  ::shocked silence::  I live in fear that people will find this out about me, and judge my ability to parent effectively.  I do have a permit and drive all the time.  I have just failed the stupid test on multiple occasions.  I get really nervous and flustered.  I will be taking the test again soon hopefully for the last time so I can move on with my life and regain some small shred of dignity.  Or I will move to Europe where that sort of personal failing seems to be more acceptable.

5) I'm pretty sure that I was born in the wrong century.  Village living sounds pretty flippin good to me.  I could learn to church butter (and look darn good doing it)  Also, I'm pretty sure I'd be better at driving a wagon than driving a car.  No license required people!


How hot is she? This could have been me...

6) I was three months pregnant when I graduated college in 2008!  Token pregnant girl role played here. This made sitting through graduation almost unbearable ( I had to pee the entire time and I was so hungry that I snuck peanut butter crackers in under my robe)  But I did it gosh darn it!  And now I can say to my children that if I could pass my college finals with incredible nauseau and swollen feet the size of basketballs than they really have no valid excuses.

7)  I didn't pass gas in front of my husband until I was pregnant (and then I gave up the pretence of lady-like behavior)

8) I won a school wide spelling bee in sixth grade.  Also in sixth grade I lost the valedictorian position by 1/10th of a stinking point to a kid named Nicholas.  I still sort of hate him a little.  His mother was on the school commitee and I'm pretty sure he cheated.  Sixth grade may have been the pinnacle of my academic career.
It was all mediocrity and disappointment after that.  ::sigh::

And now you know waaaay too much about me!  I think I will save the fun facts about other family members for another day.  Wouldn't want to subject you to too much at one time.  :)


7 comments:

Alyssa said...

Too funny! Your family is so cute!

I'm a new follower. Found you on Tuesday Tag-along.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about being in a different century. I feel I would be so much more at home on Little House on the Prairie!

Dawn Lopez said...

Hi there! I also grew up and live in RI! Small world! Stopping by from the To the Top Tuesday! Hope you will come follow us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

Ciao!

Unknown said...

Hi,

Im your newest follower from the blog hop. I hope you have a great Tuesday.

http://rwriterjourney.blogspot.com/

Organic Girl said...

I am a new follower! Organic Girl andTodays Diva

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by New to Mom. I'm following back.

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

I just wanted to let you know that you are my highlight post from last weeks Toddler Talk! Join us again this week if you can!
PS- You need to get a button girl!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swagbucks