Friday, August 13

Why Ke$ha makes me furious...

Dear Today show,
   
      NOT COOL!  I did not appreciate watching Ke$ha slut it up all over your stage at 8:30 in the morning.  It made me feel like I needed to shower and then go to confession.  Why did you feel that it was appropriate to feature such filth at such an early hour?  I especially loved the ending to this song where a bunch of androgenously dressed fairy boys (is that supposed to be sexy??)  rubbed their hands all over her boobs and crotch. 

Here is a sampling of the quality lyrics she chose to showcase this morning, in case you missed it.


There's a place downtown,

Where the freaks all come around.
It's a hole in the wall.
It's a dirty free for all.
And they turn me on.
When they Take It Off.
When they Take It Off.
Everybody Take It Off.
There's a place I know
If you're looking for a show.
Where they go hardcore
And there's glitter on the floor.
And they turn me on.
When they Take It Off.
When they Take It Off.
Everybody Take It Off.
Lose your mind.
Lose it now.
Lose your clothes
In the crowd.
We're delirious.
Tear it down
'Til the sun comes back around.
N-now we're getting so smashed.
Knocking over trash cans.
Eurbody breakin' bottles
It's a filthy hot mess.
Gonna get faded
I'm not the designated
Driver so
I don't give a
I don't give a
I don't give a

   Awesome message right?  My favorite part was how many pre teen girls were there with their parents.  WHO DOES THAT??? Who thinks it's a fantastic idea to take their daughter to see a girl who sings about being perpetually drunk, sexually promiscious and hungover?  I even saw a few parents singing along with their children.  That's just plain creepy. I mean her lyrics are not even subtle, it doesn't get any more clear than the line: "Lose it now, lose your clothes in the crowd ! "  Anybody who feels comfortable singing that line with their eight year old girl should not be a parent.  I'm not even sorry if that offends you, it's just plain true.   And we wonder why teen pregnancy rates continue to go up and why we have pregnant nine year olds!!  Literal baby mamas. 
 
I hope to God that when Emma gets to the age that she wants to attend concerts, that there are still Lizzie McGuire's in the world.  What happened to her?   
 
 Emma is in for a rude awakening if she ever asks to go to a show like that, she will get laughed at.  Right in her face.  The End.
 
Ok Friday morning rant officially over...maybe.  I'm still pretty upset about it.  Anyone else?

4 comments:

Sippy Cup Mom said...

Wow. I'm so glad I didn't see that. I'm sure they will be getting a lot of calls!

emmy's closet said...

Finally following back from Buzz on by Thursday :) Hysterical post...I (unfortunately) watched that mess too! Your daughter is too cute, I have an Emma too!! I look forward to your posts.
:) Sara

Emma B. said...

I agree, I didn't see it but I have heard some of her songs and thought they were just downright wrong. Of all the annoying people in Hollywood, she is probably one of the worst. Why is she so popular???

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

I agree with you! I didn't see the mess, but I think people just sing to her songs because of the rythm of them, I have to say that the rythm is catchy, but the lyrics wow! that's something else, people sometimes just don't pay attention to the lyrics (BIG mistake), I wouldn't let my kids go to a concert like that or even own a cd like that...oh btw I'm a new follower!!! Love your blog =)...Thanks for following mine....

www.mrssassycrafter.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swagbucks