Tuesday, November 15

Emma Turns 3!





 On November 8th, Emma turned three years old! I still cannot believe that my little peanut has been on this earth for three whole years!! It blows my mind to think about it.  But at the same time, it feels like she has been with us forever.  It's hard to remember what life was like without you little girl!
 
  She has grown up so much in the past year. She has lost her baby face and definitely looks more like a little girl.  This is a picture of her from last year:



Isn't that ridiculous? I know it's a parenting cliche but seriously, they grow up so fast!  Ok, enough sentimentality, here is how her birthday went.  Since this time of the year is crazy and we were still adjusting to life with a newborn (not to mention the gross cold the whole family got last week)  we decided not to have a huge party this time.  Instead we took some of her friends (the Kreyling kiddos) and her to Mall Tots.  Mall Tots is a huge open space at the mall filled with every toddler toy you could possibly want (they've got the crawling tubes, a play kitchen, slides galore, a huge pirate ship structure, balls of every shape and size, all sorts of ride on toys and two toddler sized bouncy houses)  So it's pretty much a toddler paradise.  The kids seemed to all have a lot of fun (with the exception of one ride on toy minor accident) and so I'd call it a success!

  Then we headed back to our place, for dinner, cake and presents:






A good time was had by all.  And then later that night, Emma lost her voice and began complaining of a scratchy throat. In an unfortunate coincidence that also happened to be the first night of daylight savings.  (otherwise known as the worst possible thing to ever happen to a toddler's schedule in the history of ever)
Oh and also because we're the smartest parents in the history of the world, we decided to re start potty training.   Therefore last week was full of the longest days of my life wherein I did nothing but wipe various bodily fluids off of everything (but mostly me) and not sleep.  I'm pretty sure I only left the house three times.  Once to go to Friendly's on Emma's actual birthday, once to go to a doctor's appointment, and once to grocery shopping.

But the point of this post isn't about my whining, it's about the fact that despite all of parenting fails our little peanut has managed to survive three whole years!  And now she is a "big girl".

I love you my Peanut! You are absolutely worth all of the bad days and I cannot believe how smart and beautiful and independent you have become this year! :)




Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swagbucks